THE FIELD OF MEMBERSHIP SHALL BE LIMITED TO THOSE HAVING
THE FOLLOWING COMMON BOND:
1. Employees of American Telephone and Telegraph and its subsidiaries AT&T – Communications, AT&T Information Services, AT&T Technologies and AT&T Western Electric, and Southwestern Bell Telephone Company who work in the Abilene district.
2. Members of the Pioneer Club in the Abilene District.
3. Employees of the following entities who work in or are paid from Abilene, Texas:
- A. Milford Engineering, Inc.
- B. Abilene Map Company
- C. Action Telecommunications Co/GST Action Telcom/NTS Communications
- D. SM&P Utility Resources
- E. Current Membership
4. Regular members of union locals who qualify for membership in accordance with their constitutions and bylaws as of the date of this amendment, and who are within the jurisdiction of the Abilene, Texas Building and Construction Trades Council in Abilene, Texas; employees of the above council and its member locals.
5. Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union.
6. Employees of Western Wireless Corporation d/b/a/ CellularONE who work in Abilene, Texas
7. Employees of this credit union.
8. Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment.
9. Members of their immediate families and organizations of such persons.
10. Members of their families include relatives, by blood or marriage, regardless of residence, and any member of a primary members household. (verification of applicants to be made with primary member)
11. Members of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Local 3963 in Abilene, Texas, except for those who are eligible for primary membership in another credit union by virtue of their employment, limited to a maximum of 2,500 members.
12. Members of their immediate families and organizations of such persons.
13. Persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities located the underserved area of Abilene, Texas as described by the following boundaries:
Beginning at the intersection of U.S. Highway 83 and Interstate 20, east along Interstate 20 to Loop 322, then south along Loop 322 to its intersection with North 10th Street, then west along North 10th Street to its intersection with the Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad tracks (near Almond Street), then south along the Chicago Burlington & Quincy Railroad tracks to its intersection with the Texas & Pacific Railroad tracks (near South 1st Street), then west along the Texas & Pacific Railroad tracks to its intersection with U.S. Highway 83, then north along U.S. Highway 83 to its intersection with Interstate 20.
Subject to the conditions herein contained, a member who ceases to be within the field of membership of this credit union may retain membership therein and may borrow in excess of their share holdings.
Once a member always a member until the account is closed.
Abilene Telco FCU may deny services to any member who causes a loss of funds in any form to the credit union.
The share account of a deceased member, other than one held in joint tenancy with another member, may be continued until the close of the dividend period in which the administration of the deceased estate is completed, but not to exceed a period of four years.